Technology allows us to deal with many daily challenges that would have taken a lot of time in the past, and that applies to business as well. Now during a board meeting or any other meeting, people have gone digital, but even that can become difficult if you don’t know what programs to use. Use only secure, centralized, and easy-to-use programs to conduct meetings efficiently and conveniently, even remotely. Board portals can help you do this and in this article, we will talk more about this collaboration tool and its features.
What is board management software?
Board portals are cloud-based software that is used to streamline the boarding process, simplify decision-making, and future financial and marketing strategies. Each user will be able to express their opinion through an anonymous survey that can more clearly represent the majority opinion and move forward.
Board portals also streamline the process of organizing and managing the board, scheduling meetings is made much easier with calendar features, integration with email, and the ability to automatically send out the agenda. All council participants will be automatically notified of the date, time, and place of the meeting, and if there are any changes, users will also see a notification about it.
Why use board management software?
A company’s success depends directly on how the leader chooses to manage the organization’s time and materials. Board portals help leadership improve productivity with features such as:
- Centralized clearinghouse-no one wants to waste their time searching for and researching the right document in a disorganized system. Board portals provide a single integrated portal where everything is in one place, and you can easily find the file you need using smart search
- Organizing meetings – setting up meetings manually is very time-consuming because unexpected nuances can arise, and later in the meeting, not everyone can be aware of the changes. Bringing other users up to speed is time-consuming, but with board collaboration software, rest assured that everyone on the board will always be up to date. They will also be able to leave notes and comments, edit documents, and review council materials in advance to be prepared for the meeting
- Remote Collaboration – Directors are often on the road and on business trips, which used to make meetings incomplete and not result in anything meaningful, but now absolutely all board members can attend a meeting no matter where they are. Collaboration and conference call tools work great and allow for full participation in the discussion
- Security -Board portals give you the best protection against both external and internal threats, upload all the materials you need for the meeting to the software repository, share documents and discuss in a completely secure environment. This feature is very useful because board members will have the ability to view the necessary files at any time so that they can make a more informed decision during the meeting
Functions of the board control software
Key features of board portals include:
- Storage and sharing of documents-as mentioned earlier, you can do this without any risk, the software uses modern encryption and document access controls to protect them
- Meeting agenda – upload agendas to the platform so that other participants can be aware of meeting goals to better prepare for it
- Meeting notes – You can take all the notes in one place, without having to use a third-party application. They can be personal or public
- Surveys -This feature makes it easier to come to a consensus and is a great way to get everyone’s thoughts out there